Effective Date: 08/08/2017
Last Updated Date: 01/22/2018
· On the Site or through the Services.
· From your healthcare providers on your behalf (“Medical Records”).
· In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and the Site or Services.
· Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Site or Services which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Site or Services.
2. Information We Collect
When you access the Services, we may ask you to voluntarily provide us with certain information that personally identifies or could be used to personally identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes (but is not limited to) the following categories of information:
· Contact information, such as your name, address, e-mail address and phone number;
· Demographic data, such as your gender, date of birth and zip code;
· Insurance data, such as your insurance carrier, insurance plan, member ID, group ID and payer ID;
· Payment information, such as your credit card number and billing address;
· Personal Health Data; and
· Other information about you that you voluntarily choose to provide to us.
We may also collect additional information, which may be Personal Information, as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We may automatically collect the following types of data when you use the Services: (1) IP address; (2) domain server; (3) type of device(s) used to access the Services; (4) web browser(s) used to access the Services; (5) referring webpage or other source through which you accessed the Services; (6) geolocation information; and (7) other statistics and information associated with the interaction between your browser or device and the Services (collectively “Traffic Data”). Depending on applicable law, some Traffic Data may be Personal Information.
3. How We Collect Information
We collect information (including Personal Information, Medical Records, and Traffic Data) when you use and interact with the Services, and in some cases from third party sources. We may collect information:
- When you use the Services’ interactive tools and services, such as searching your healthcare providers;
- When healthcare providers provide you Medical Records through the Site or Services pursuant to your authorization;
- When you voluntarily provide information in free-form text boxes or in uploaded documents, pictures, or Personal Health Data through the Services. This may include information you provide necessary to access the patient portal or electronic health record system of your various health care providers through our third party vendor Medfusion;
- When you respond to surveys or questionnaires from us;
- When you correspond with healthcare providers or your insurance provider through the Site or Services;
- If you download and install certain applications and software we make available, we may receive and collect information transmitted from your computing device for the purpose of providing you the relevant Services, such as information that lets Blue Laurel know when you are logged on and available to receive update or alert notices;
- If you download our mobile application, we may receive information about your location and mobile device;
- Through cookies, web beacons, website analytics services and other tracking technology (collectively, “Tracking Tools”), as described below; and
- When you use the “Contact Us” function on the Site, send us an email or otherwise contact us.
We may use tools outlined below in order to better understand users.
For more information on cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Web Beacons: “Web Beacons” (a.k.a. clear GIFs or pixel tags) are tiny graphic image files imbedded in a web page or email that may be used to collect anonymous information about your use of our Services, the websites of selected advertisers and the emails, special promotions or newsletters that we send you. The information collected by Web Beacons allows us to analyze how many people are using the Services, using the selected advertisers’ websites or opening our emails, and for what purpose, and also allows us to enhance our interest-based advertising.
- Website Analytics: We may use third-party website analytics services in connection with the Services, including, for example, to register mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity and text that you type into the Site. We use the information collected from these services to help make the Services easier to use and as otherwise set forth in Section 4, Use of Information (below).
- Mobile Device Identifiers: Mobile device identifiers are data stored on your mobile device that may track mobile device and data and activities occurring on and through it, as well as the applications installed on it. Mobile device identifiers enable collection of Personal Information (such as media access control, address and location) and Traffic Data. As with other Tracking Tools, mobile device identifiers help Blue Laurel learn more about our users’ demographics and internet behaviors.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. We have provided information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers below.
Options for Opting out of Cookies and Mobile Device Identifiers
Some web browsers (including some mobile web browsers) allow you to reject Cookies or to alert you when a Cookie is placed on your computer, tablet or mobile device. You may be able to reject mobile device identifiers by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device. Although you are not required to accept Blue Laurel’s Cookies or mobile device identifiers, if you block or reject them, you may not have access to all features available through the Services.
You may opt out of receiving certain Cookies and certain trackers by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) opt out page or the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) consumer opt-out page. When you use these opt-out features, an “opt-out” Cookie will be placed on your computer or tablet indicating that you do not want to receive interest-based advertising from NAI or DAA member companies. If you delete Cookies on your computer or tablet, you may need to opt out again. For information about how to opt out of interest-based advertising on mobile device identifiers, please visit http://www.applicationprivacy.org/expressing-your-behavioral-advertising-choices-on-a-mobile-device.
Please note that even after opting out of interest-based advertising, you may still see Blue Laurel’s advertisements that are not interest-based or targeted specifically toward you. If you opt out of interest-based advertisements, Blue Laurel may still collect information about your use of the Services and may still serve advertisements to you via the Services based on information it collects through the Services.
Browser “Do Not Track” Signals
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) or similar feature that signals to websites that a visitor does not want to have his/her online activity and behavior tracked. If a website operator elects to respond to a particular DNT signal, the website operator may refrain from collecting certain Personal Information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and there is currently no industry consensus as to what constitutes a DNT signal. For these reasons, many website operators, including Blue Laurel, do not take action to respond to DNT signals. For more information about DNT signals, visit http://allaboutdnt.com.
4. Use of Information
We use your Personal Information to provide the Services to you and to help improve them, including to:
- Verify your identify in registering with us;
- Provide you with the Services and other products, services and information you request and to respond to correspondence that we receive from you;
- Calculate your Health Score and Engagement Score;
- Track certain elements of your insurance benefits, including personal responsibility for the cost for certain services (e.g., deductibles).
- Provide, maintain, administer or expand the Services, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to support, improve or enhance our business, the Services, and other products and services we offer;
- Notify you about certain resources we think you may be interested in learning more about;
- Send you information about Blue Laurel or our products or Services;
- Contact you when necessary or requested, including to remind you of an upcoming appointment or to take medication;
- Send emails and other communications that display content that we think will interest you and according to your preferences;
- We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria;
- Use, and allow third parties (such as Medfusion) to use, non-individually identifiable information in any way permitted by law; and
- Prevent, detect and investigate security breaches and potentially illegal or prohibited activities.
We use your Personal Information and Medical Records to de-identify the information and aggregate it. Medfusion, a third party business partner, may also de-identify and aggregate the information. The de-identified information may then be used and disclosed in any manner consistent with applicable law.
We may use information that is neither Personal Information nor Medical Records (including information that has been de-identified and aggregated) to better understand who uses Blue Laurel and how we can deliver a better user experience, or otherwise at our discretion.
5. Disclosure of Information
We may disclose your Personal Information, Medical Records and certain information that you provide to us or we collect from you as follows:
- We may share your Personal Information and Medical Records with the healthcare providers which you choose to add to your User Profile.
- We may share your Medical Records and Personal Information with the insurance carrier you identify to us or with an insurance carrier that has hired Blue Laurel to collect information on its behalf and identifies you as an enrollee in one of their benefit plans.
- We may share your Personal Information and Medical Records with healthcare providers in the event of an emergency.
- We may share your Personal Information (but not Medical Records) with organizations that collect, aggregate and organize your information so they can make it more easily accessible to your healthcare providers.
- We do not sell email addresses to third parties. You may voluntarily provide your e-mail address at your option to other providers who have referral links to their website from our Services.
- We may share your Personal Information and Traffic Data with our business partners who perform core operational services for Blue Laurel (such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, data storage, security, insurance verification, identify verification, or Website analytics set forth in Section 3 (Tracking Tools)) and/or by making certain features available to our users.
- We may transfer your Personal Information, Medical Records or any other information we collect about you to another company in connection with a merger, sale, acquisition or other change of ownership or control by or of Blue Laurel (whether in whole or in part). Should one of these events occur, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you before your information becomes subject to different privacy and security policies and practices.
- We also may need to disclose your Personal Information, Medical Records or any other information we collect about you if we determine in good faith that such disclosure is needed to: (1) comply with applicable law, regulation, court order or other legal process; (2) to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the health or safety of you, another person or the public; (3) enforce the Terms with you; or (4) respond to claims that any posting or other content violates third-party rights.
We may disclose information that is neither Personal Information nor Medical Records (including information that has been de-identified and aggregated) at our discretion, including for commercial purposes.
6. Storage and Security of Information
We store and process your information on our servers in the United States and abroad. We maintain industry standard backup and archival systems.
We endeavor to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information and Medical Records submitted to us, both during transmission and in storage. All data is stored in encrypted format. All data transfers are executed using secure socket layer technology.
7. Amending Your Information
If you are a registered user of the Services, you may review and modify the Personal Information you entered into your User Profile, including your username and password, at any time by accessing the settings for your account. This includes your Personal Health Data that you have entered or uploaded.
We will not amend health information received as part of your Medical Records. If you want to amend your medical records, you will need to contact your healthcare providers that maintain such information in accordance with the law. Blue Laurel does not control or edit Medical Records provided by healthcare providers.
If you wish to close your account, please email us at email@example.com. We will delete your account and all of your Medical Records and Personal Information at your request as soon as reasonably possible, except that Blue Laurel may, in its discretion, retain certain information from closed accounts in order to comply with law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, enforce the Terms and take other actions permitted by law.
Blue Laurel, Inc.
102 Shelley Lane
Glastonbury, CT 06033